Friday, December 31, 2004

sorry

so i'm watching bet's countdown of the top 100 videos of the year.

we're on number 55, and it's sorry 2004, by american idol's own ruben studdard.

i had never really listened closely to the lyrics of this song before. i thought that the 2004 was added to the title to maybe differntiate it from another song called sorry ... i believe i was wrong though:

Girl this is my sorry for, 2004.
And I aint gonna mess up no more, this year.
I'm 'a take this one chance,and make it real clear.
I'm sorry for May and I'm sorry for June (for real)
and I'm sorry for July (i am) in case I dont tell you.
August, September, October, November 'till your December.
I'm Sorry. (I'm sorry 2004)
now, is this supposed to be a sweet song? heck, if you have to apologize to someone for the whole YEAR ... you really don't deserve to be with them! no wonder the girl doesn't want you anymore .. who cares if you've apologized 1 million times ... if you did so much wrong that you had to apolgize not for just one whole month, but for 12 of them ... apologies just can't fix that, ruben - in your words, i'm sorry.

No comments: