Sunday, May 28, 2006

becoming the cat lady: step one

i've taken the first step, yes, yes i have.

back in the day, i believe i was voted "most likely to become a cat lady" in my high school graduating class. since that time, i've been resisting the urges, i've been analysing my actions, i've been trying to ensure that i don't become a cat lady.

but really, what is a cat lady? how many cats do you have to have? does one cat make you a cat lady? does two? and why aren't there cat men? that just doesn't seem fair! but this is all beside the point right now.

yesterday i took the first step - now i'm sure you're thinking that this means that i got a kitten (which would be fantabulous if i actually did) ... but no, i did not. however, i did get me one of those nifty shopping carts so i can easily wheel my purchases from the grocery store to my house.

maybe this is really just the first step on the way to me becoming a bag lady ... but i think it's more the cat lady route. you see, this little cart can make me more independent - i won't need to grab a taxi or even go on transit with the other pl in order to transport heavy purchases home. instead, i can do as i please, in my own little world. heck, i can even block out the real world with the music on the ipod (so if we step backwards, maybe that was the first step to becoming a cat lady. if i'm listening to music, i find i have an excuse to ignore ppl when they try to talk to me on the street)

and in the end, what's a cat lady but an independent, recluse who only has cats for friends?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol where do you even get those things?! i only see old chinese women on spadina with those

Anonymous said...

I guess I can be called a Cat man!
I don't own a cat, but I do have an unassembled shopping cart sitting in my closet. If you ever need backup (for a big shopping trip) it's all yours!

melpie said...

i found it at my neighbourhood home hardware! they have everything!