Sunday, July 17, 2005

the days of our lives

wow ... it seems like so much has changed since the last time that i wrote. but summer is the time for change and newness, right? oh wait - my bad, spring is the time for those things. but we can pretend, right?

it's time to finally face the fact. i'm growing up. it's been almost two years now that i've had a job. and not one of those summer jobs you have when you're growing up - but a real, live adult job. well, on second thought, the job isn't alive, but still, it's real. i'm making a living and i have a career? *gasp*

and now .. my friends are getting married. actually, as of last weekend, one of my best friends *is* married. and next weekend, another one will be. it was weird - today i was talking to someone and had the chance to refer to married friend number one's significant other and i said "my friend's husband" .. that's right - husband!

it is that time in our lives though. as surreal as it sometimes seems. we're not growing up anymore. we are grown ups.

p.s. warmest congratulations to miko & kris and best wishes to cath & pat. as they say in the fairy tale books, may you live happily ever after.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That parting phrase, "...happily ever after. FIN" Is bizarre to me. In other words, my entire life story exists up to the point of my marriage and the rest is a foot note.

IMHO, Disney movies sure do their part to fuck up little girls.

melpie said...

but there's a difference between "may you live happily ever after" and "and they lived happily ever after" ... may you live happily ever sends best wishes as you set off on a new adventure ... or that's my way of seeing it at least

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I see now. I can conceed to that. But I still beleive my Disney point holds dumptrucks full of merit.

Anonymous said...

awww, thanks melpie. may you live happily ever after too!