Thursday, May 26, 2005

fuzzy vision

so you know how on your license it's supposed to say whether or not you need to wear glasses while driving? well, i checked off the little box on my renewal form that said i need corrective eye wear and they didn't put that onto my license. i hope i don't get in trouble for that. but really, that's not the point of this rambling. although, it has something to do with the point ... it is not the point itself.

so, theoretically, if you get stopped by the cops while driving and they look at your license and it says you need glasses, you can get some sort of fine, right? but what if you're wearing contacts? will they make you take out a contact right then and there to prove that you have them in? b/c if you do that then how do you get them back in ... you don't wanna put a dirty contact back in your eye!

does this make sense? or should i cease to write anything when i'm half asleep?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could just invite them into your personal space, and take a real close look. Afterall, it's not like they're invisible.

But while he's there you, might as well try to get out of the ticket.

"What nice eyes you have..."

melpie said...

oooh, good point ... might as well use my baby blues when i have the chance, right?

but what if you're using simply superficial colour contacts, you know, the non-corrective kind. then you could fool them, right?

Anonymous said...

I wear corrective lenses as well. i have perscription sunglasses and alot of times the border police ask me to take them off so they can see my eyes.

For some reason when i don;t have my glasses on, I feel like I am lying to their questions.

Maybe next time they ask me to tke them off I should do so, but then look away from them like I can't see them.

That should go over well...